As the SEO Manager, you will lead our SEO team to assist LQ clients with optimizing their websites and social media to gain the highest possible ranking. You will take responsibility for managing customer accounts related to SEO, conduct SEO analysis and recommendations, delegate and direct work done by other members of the SEO team, and help with shaping and growing our SEO line of business. We use only "white" hat techniques, and seek to gain long term positioning and advantage for our clients.
Skills + Experiences
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- 4+ years of SEO experience, ideally helping clients across multiple verticals.
- 2+ years of Social Media Optimization experience.
- 2+ years of management or team leadership experience.
- Strong project management and customer relationship skills.
- Technologically savvy, and up to date on Internet and search marketing trends.
- Track record of analyzing SEO issues and opportunities, and providing and implementing recommendations to improve SEO positions.
- Knowledge of SEO techniques and factors that drive long term success, and awareness of "black hat" or other techniques that might damage customer success.
- Familiarity with website systems, architectures, languages and platforms, including LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP), .NET, ASP, Java, JSP, etc. A background that includes website development a plus.
- Experience with web analytics tools and their use with measuring SEO success.
- Familiarity optimization of international and country-specific websites, as well as keyword research and optimization for foreign languages.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and experience working with cross functional teams both within and between organizations.
- Ability to be self-directed, highly motivated and have fun while working hard in a startup environment.
- Knowledge of paid search (PPC) search marketing programs and techniques a plus.
- Fluency in a foreign language a plus.
Has confidence in their convictions, can drive direction out of ambiguity and is excited by the challenge of questioning the status quo to get more out of marketing campaigns. Leverages data to find the truth and demonstrate insights.HUSTLE
This individual knows what hard work looks like and leads by example. A leader and a doer.PRIDE
Is proud of the results delivered for clients and knows they are different than most teams. This is done without arrogance and in collaboration.OWNERSHIP
Knows how to create urgency for both clients and team members, with enthusiasm and straight talk-whatever the situation dictates. Wants to learn fast and find the next winner.
- Understand each client's business model, culture, organization and objectives.
- Manage SEO customer accounts and direct the delivery of SEO services, providing the primary point of contact for customers.
- Collaborate and coordinate across the LQ team where other client services are provided.
- Monitor and assure quality of SEO services and deliverables provided to customers.
- Work with LQ management to improve and expand our SEO services, and help grow our SEO customer base and services we offer.
- Keep current with SEO and Social Media techniques and trends, and provide authoritative knowledge and advice to our clients.
- Research and track SEO and Social Media programs offered by other search marketing agencies to ensure LQ services are state-of-the-art and competitive.
- Provide mentorship and training for customers and for other LQ personnel.
- Evaluate new and potential clients to determine size and scope of SEO effort.
- Develop business proposals for new customers, and help LQ to acquire new customers.
- Conduct competitive research on clients' competitors with regards to SEO + social media.
- Conduct keyword research and develop target keyword lists.
- Analyze client website architecture, content, linking and other factors to identify issues and opportunities for SEO.
- Deliver detailed, written recommendations to clients to improve website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Analyze client social media practices and provide recommendations to attract and engage more audience, in line with customer SEO strategy and business objectives.
- Work flexibly with clients based on their needs, which may involve team-oriented, agile development approaches as well as traditional document deliverables.
- Assist clients with link building strategy and execution, including planning and implementation of social networking, viral marketing and publicity initiatives.
- Provide benchmark and tracking reports to customers on SEO positions, traffic, conversions and other metrics.
- Assist clients with implementation of recommended changes.
- Monitor and research industry trends related to SEO to continually improve knowledge and skills, and communicate new ideas and trends to clients and co-workers.
- Develop strategies to address new paradigms such as personalization and alternative search engines.
- Work with our team of search marketing specialists as needed to assist customers with overall search marketing programs.
As consumers become increasingly mobile and connected, every business is turning to digital channels to acquire new customers more effectively. Of the $83 billion spent on digital this year, Google and Facebook account for 60 cents of every dollar. The result? Massive investment, overabundant data and rising expectations for better results.
Here’s the problem. The lead process is wasteful. For every 6% in conversion success, 94% goes nowhere. Ads on the wrong channel, messaging that funnel performing know that not all customers are created equally. It’s difficult to find the most valuable customers—the profitable ones.
To help brands win more profitable customers digitally.
We provide digital media services to acquire customers and contact center service to ensure conversion and delivery. LQ works with large enterprises like USAA, McAfee, The Home Depot, Penny Mac and other leading B2C brands to basically run the entire end-to-end process of ‘manufacturing’ a new customer.
Why LQ is outstanding at what it does: the company thinks less like marketers and more like economists, driving hard against unit economics and aligning itself with pay for performance models. It’s also sits on a trove of data, which helps guide better business decisions, benchmarks performance and refines lifetime value (LTV) models.
The company is $50M+ in revenue and is profitable. It’s backed by private equity firm Housatonic Partners. LQ Digital is Headquartered in the East Bay, CA with offices in Austin, Texas and Shelton, CT.